Please join this free webinar hosted by the National Association of English Learner Program Administrators and sponsored by TransAct on Thursday, Jan 19, 2023, 4:00 — 5:30 PM EST. Register here!
Are you seeking support in building, strengthening, and sustaining effective language assistance programming for multilingual learners?
This webinar will explore: How can we design and enact policies, practices, and structures for multilingual learners to feel safe, a sense of belonging, value, and competence?
It draws from the second edition of Transforming Schools for Multilingual Learners, released this week! The first edition, written in 2011, provided a comprehensive easy-to-read resource of the most up-to-date research and evidence-based strategies to create successful language assistance programming. Highly received by leading scholars and practitioners across the country, it became the go-to book nationally and required reading for many pre- and in-service administrators, teacher-leaders, coaches, and other stakeholders. The just-released second edition reflects a renewed spirit of inclusion and solidarity by infusing the research and changes that have occurred during the past decade including:
- changes in federal laws and policies
- the urgency for using strengths-based and culturally and linguistically sustaining pedagogies and practices
- trends toward collective leadership
- a deeper understanding of the epic numbers experiencing adverse childhood experiences
- the global Covid-19 pandemic and racial injustices
- our increased awareness of enhancing student, family, and community partnerships.
I hope you can join!